Can I find a certain name on Tinder? Of course, if you are patient enough. Some cities such as Los Angeles, Paris, New York City, Seattle, and San Francisco have so many Tinder users that finding a certain name is easy. However, you are most likely trying to find a specific person on Tinder. There is a litany of tutorials available on how to perform your own Tinder profile search, but the majority of them are either out-dated, trying to sell you something that would never work, or they outline an exhaustive approach to finding a certain name on Tinder that most of us do not have the time for. If you wanted to find a certain name on Tinder and you can’t spend any money on the task, I would recommend the following.
- Familiarize yourself with Geo Location reporting technologies so that you can set your location to be as close as possible to the location of your target. This will greatly reduce the number of left-swipes required to find them.
- Start with a fresh account so that you can have an elevated ELO (‘desirability’) score. This will allow you to see all the users in that specific area for 24 hours.
- Swipe slow enough to not accidentally swipe through the person. A lot of people (and I mean A LOT) of people talk about Buzzhumble, which is a piece of online software anyone can use to auto-swipe through all the people quickly.
- Don’t use your real picture. You really don’t want to suspected cheater to see your profile and gas-light on you.
- Remember that Tinder sends SMS notifications when you try and log in. If you are in the same room as someone you can try to log in as them while there in the room with you using their phone number. This is an easy way to read their reaction and call them out.
- If they log in with Facebook, there will be a list of apps they have used with a date when they were used. Here is facebook’s tutorial on managing installed apps.
- Don’t fall for scams where people say they can access anyone’s cell phones. I spent several years as a Voice over IP engineer working on high-level protocol securities and I can tell you its definitely not real.
- Once you find someone’s Tinder profile please make sure it’s current. A lot of people have old Tinder accounts lingering around that they just forgot about. If you want to tell if someone is active it’s best to try and super-like their profile and send them a message. This brings me to number 9
- If you do want to match with someone after you find that certain name on Tinder make sure you use a believable profile with a local-occupation, pictures, etc. Guys are experts are spotting fake accounts and bots, they deal with it all day.