Five Ways to Find out if your partner is using dating sites.
- Find their email address and enter it in the “forgotten password” feature found on most websites and apps. This will not tell you if the individual is actively using the particular site or app however it will let you know they did at one point.
- Look them up by phone number. Most dating apps on Android and IOS are linked to the users phone number. Most people use Bumble so I would start there. Try logging into the account using their phone number while you are hanging out and if they look at their phone then chances are they just receives a login verification code.
- Create an account in the same vicinity as theirs. This can be time consuming if there are many active users but you can certainly find them yourself. Start with the most popular sites and apps everyone uses. Keep in mind that if your partner also suspects you of using dating sites or apps this method could lead to some hard questions.
- Use a service such as buzzhumble to do the searching for you. Sometimes a little professional help is worth a couple dollars.
- Take notes on how the individual uses their mobile phone. If there is a lock on their phone and they don’t receive notifications then chances are they are hiding something. Notifications being completely disabled is a huge red flag or if they always place their phone face down.
I have a suggestion that may or may not work in your relationship. My policy is honesty and I set boundaries within the first month. I make it very clear that I want to be monogamous and that I don’t like secrets. Serious partners should not hide things. Some people go so far as to always keeping their social media accounts logged in on a mutual device and they share phone passwords. This may or may not work for you, but if you show your partner you trust them completely they are much more likely to trust you back and there should be no excuses at that point.