Whitepages.com is a website that aggregates personal information on individuals. With the surge of personal data and identity theft, it is imperative that individuals learn how to remove their information from Whitepages.
(If you are looking for a better way to find out what someone is up to we recommend reading this article before investing in gimmicks. https://inspirationdaily.news/best-ways-to-catch-a-cheater-in-2019/)
The white pages makes your personal information to the public. This includes your name, contact information, address, age, current and past residences among other information. The premium version gives access to much more information including: mobile numbers, criminal and bankruptcy records.
There are many people who are not aware that their personal information is on Whitepages. However, it is important to note that the company is not doing anything illegal as it builds an informational database. There are quite a number of people who have wasted their time and money suing the site for publishing personal information. Instead, they could have simply opted out by learning how to remove personal information from Whitepages.
How did Whitepages get your personal information?
Whitepages has invested in current technology and is constantly scouring the web in search of new information to be added to its database. The common source of personal information is phone companies. They also have other sources of information such as broadly indexed information on the web, social media platforms, and other third parties. These companies have huge databases with information on consumers. This means they can easily get your:
• Physical and mailing address
• Cellphone and landline number
• Business details
• Legal history
• Email address
Before you embark on removing your information from the Whitepages, it is critical that you understand the information that you can remove and that which you cannot. If you want to remove details such as your legal and financial history you need to use the premium method. However, free to remove information includes:
• Phone number
What is the process of removing your information from white pages?
1. You need to go to the Whitepages website by entering https://www.whitepages.com/ on your web browser.
2. Enter your personal details. Type in your official names and your ZIP code or you use your city and state.
4. Click on view details to see how much of your private information is available to the public.
5. Copy the URL of your profile located at the top of the webpage.
6. Go to whitepages opt-out page. Paste the URL of your profile and click-on the Opt-Out button.
7. You will then be directed to a page where you need to confirm that that is indeed your profile and not someone else’s. You can the click on the Remove Me button.
8. You are then prompted to choose a reason why you want to remove your information from Whitepages. After selecting you just submit.
9. Verify your identity. To have your information removed from the Whitepages you have to verify your identity. You do this by typing your phone number in the text box. If you are not comfortable using your phone number you have the option of using Google Voice.
10. Click on the call now to verify button. This transfers you to the verification code page. You will then receive a call where you will be asked to provide the verification code.
11. Most of your information should be removed immediately, and you will get a success notification. However, in some cases, you may wait up to 48 hours to have all your information removed. It is also not rare for search engines such as Google to show snippets of your information for up to two weeks.